In addition to hiring for Creative Directors, we are also excited to announce our LA team will be expanding with a number of open Art Director roles. Details included below!
Year of Experience: Minimum of 5 years
Position Type: Full-time and part-time available
- Develop content that is optimized for sharing on the social web (i.e., dimensions, type size and concepts that will resonate) by teaming across departments and adhering to project briefs.
- Provide image making leadership on creative projects that range from print and static-web, to motion and interactive-web.
- Support Creative Directors on staffing and leading projects, ensuring the JESS3 creative process and standards (internally and externally) are implemented and participate in high-level creative conversations and thought leadership with clients and new business opportunities, as well as the internal team.
- Served as Senior Designer or Art Director at a vanguard studio, digital agency and/or brand.
- Strong image-maker and conceptual thinker who can expertly navigate experimentation with control, visual problem solving, visual communication and visual narrative development.
- Robust experience and success in all forms of media, including: interactive design, digital content, infographic, illustration, identity, motion, print and graphic design.
- Highly experienced with Adobe Creative Suite; strong track record of preparing and handing off a perfect file and seeing a perfect line of type.
- Experience designing content that is optimized for web and social distribution.
- Experience with Motion Graphics, After Effects and Cinema 4D is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of frontend development languages, with experience having launched dozens of major interactive executions is preferred.
The Ideal Team Player:
- Must have experience coordinating across multiple timezones, cloud-based tools, locations and departments (strategy, design, production and development) for successful results (on time, on budget, seamless launches). We will be looking for an excellent track record as a team, business, finance and operational manager.
- Applicants must be open to collaborative direction and design efforts and be comfortable building upon the work of others and allowing others to build upon their own work (JESS3 is a collaborative environment; team members often build upon each other’s creative work).
- Must be comfortable joining client meetings / calls and effectively translating feedback from clients to constructive direction for other team members with readiness to balance client’s goals and constraints with creative desires and opportunities.
- Solution-oriented, proactive and team spirited.
- Send your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: “YOUR NAME Applying for Art Director” (example: Jane Doe Applying for Art Director).
- Your cover letter should address a summary of the requirements above with examples, as well as answer these three questions with supporting examples: (1) Why do you want to work at JESS3?; (2) What sites do you go to for inspiration?; (3) What is your spirit animal and why?