With a burgeoning team of designers, directors, strategists and producers on the east side of LA, we cordially welcome all interested to apply!
Year of Experience: Minimum of 8 years
Position Type: Full-time and part-time available
- Provide creative leadership and direction on all active projects and serve as department head and counterpart to Engineering, Client Services, Strategy and Production leads.
- Lead on staffing projects with creative talent, working with Art Directors, Producers and Project Managers to identify the right staff, and help vet and interview potential creative talent on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Solidify JESS3 creative process and standards (internally and externally) and participate in high-level creative conversations and thought leadership with clients and new business opportunities, as well as the internal team.
- Must be a designer by trade and background, including current design work and image-making experience as well as a desire to continually advance your craft. We will be looking for a strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of brand building and brand maintenance experiences.
- Industry-leading conceptual thinker who can expertly navigate experimentation with control, visual problem solving, visual communication and visual narrative development.
- Mastery of all forms of media, including: interactive design, digital content, infographic, illustration, identity, motion, print and graphic design.
- Served as a Creative Director, Managing Director and / or Executive Creative Director at a vanguard studio, digital agency and / or brand. Master’s degree and / or professional certifications a major plus.
- Ideal candidates will have a have strong working knowledge of front end and back end development languages, with experience having launched dozens of major interactive executions.
The Ideal Team Player:
- Must have experience coordinating across multiple timezones, cloud-based tools, locations and departments (strategy, design, production and development) for successful results (on time, on budget, seamless launches). We will be looking for an excellent track record as a team, business, finance and operational manager.
- Applicants must be open to collaborative direction efforts and be comfortable building upon the work of others and allowing others to build upon their own work (JESS3 is a collaborative environment; team members often build upon each other’s creative work).
- Must be comfortable joining client meetings / calls and effectively translating feedback from clients to constructive direction for other team members with readiness to balance client’s goals and constraints with creative desires and opportunities.
- Solution-oriented, proactive and team spirited.
- Send your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line: “YOUR NAME Applying for Creative Director” (example: Jane Doe Applying for Creative Director).
- Your cover letter should address a summary of the requirements above with examples, as well as answer these three questions with supporting examples: (1) Why do you want to work at JESS3?; (2) What sites do you go to for inspiration?; (3) Why do you consider yourself a strong team-oriented leader?