JESS3 is not your typical agency. We are digital natives, visual storytellers, data nerds, meme lovers, early adopters, hackers, pirates, ninjas and narwhals. We build things, we connect people, we make sense of big data, we make it beautiful and we have fun doing it. We’re west coast, east coast, midwest and over the pond. We never sleep because we’re always on. 24/7. 365. Can’t stop, won’t stop. Join us.
JESS3 is looking for a studio + resource manager to oversee our Highland Park office. Basically a jack of all trades who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty or asking the tough questions. East siders preferred.
- Show leadership in setting a professional tone in around the office
- Set and enforce standards of punctuality, attitude and professionalism
- Operate as general office traffic manager
- General office management duties
- Oversee and source studio resources (including office supplies and maintenance requests)
- Oversee special LA office projects (interior and exterior remodels)
- Implement organizational system to manage office security (i.e. tracking keys, security codes)
- Keep track of monthly equipment needs & budget
- Work closely with Creative Directors to onboard contractors into our system
- Play active role in improving and executing against ongoing recruitment efforts
- Help vet potential candidates
- Update, organize and add to database
- Be the first face any visitor to JESS3 sees
- Greet visitors, answer any general questions, potentially give tours of the space
- Accept and sign for any packages; keeping running delivery log and tracker, deliver them to the appropriate people
- Be responsible for opening and closing procedures of the space.
- Answer the main office phone line, screen calls and record messages as needed
Events Ambassador / Coordinator
- Serve as Ambassador / Coordinator for all local internal events, which includes all aspects of event planning (e.g., securing and managing vendors, coordinating and distributing invites, etc.)
- Manage LA events calendar
- Manage LA contacts database
- At least 2 years (1 if you’re a rock star!) of agency or facilities experience
- Experience working with executive and creative teams
- Experience running a studio
- Experience working and leading projects independently
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Extensive experience managing budgets
- Skilled in prioritizing needs and resourceful problem-solving
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Use the subject line: I RULE THE STUDIO.
Additionally, respond to the following questions:
- Tell us in 140 characters or less what differentiates you from the rest.
- If you could curate a monthly event at JESS3 LA, what would it be?
- What artists/designers/illustrators are we not working with that we should be?