Last week, we announced open roles here in LA for Creative Directors, Art Directors and Interactive Designers. With dozens of resumes already pouring in, we are excited to make another announcement: we are expanding our LA and OKC offices with multiple openings for Project Managers! Is this you or someone you know? We want to know you.
Location: LA or OKC
Years of Experience Required: Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
Full Time/Freelance: Full Time
- Leading projects internally as project’s Chief Operating Officer, which includes:
- Task-tracking (highlight and communicate action items internally and externally)
- Quality assurance (ensures all requested edits are executed)
- Knowing the SOW inside and out and flags any scope creep to AM
- Managing and maintaining timeline / calendar (monitor production schedules and deliverables; hold team members accountable on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis)
- Working closely with creative and strategy teams on projects, including content retainers, infographic and graphic design projects
- Serve as daily POC with client, including written communications and deliveries, as well as leading conference calls with full agenda and team preparation
- Track, monitor and deliver create content and other project deliverables
- Set, enforce and maintain tone for processes and systems for all client engagements
- Create and maintain project plans, including launch and case study process
- Coordinate with the team leads in each department to ensure proper staffing plan and overall efficient utilization of resources
- Work across the creative, design, and production teams to ensure proper and full implementation of the project plan
- Update project plans and relay project status to clients
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate a commitment to advancing their project management skills through trainings and certifications (e.g., PMP)
- Prior experience managing multiple projects at once for multiple stakeholder groups
- Ideal candidates will come from a digital / creative agency
- Solid track record of successfully developing and managing projects from start to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams while maintaining professionalism, comportment and adaptability as needed in high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Outstanding organizational, presentation, communication, coordination, problem-solving, critical / proactive thinking and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task within individual and multiple projects simultaneously and process information expeditiously
- Ability to assess situations accurately from multiple (internal and external) perspectives, and help identify the right solution to account lead (e.g., ability to say no, push back, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud-based programs and software
- Viable candidates must demonstrate exceptional client interaction skills, a professional demeanor, thought leadership, flexibility, and the ability to handle the uncertainties associated with a consulting environment
The Ideal Team Player:
- Must have experience coordinating across multiple timezones, cloud-based tools, locations and departments (strategy, design, production and development) for successful results (on time, on budget, seamless launches). We will be looking for an excellent track record as a team, business, finance and operational manager.
- Must be comfortable joining client meetings / calls and effectively translating feedback from clients to constructive direction for other team members with readiness to balance client’s goals and constraints with creative desires and opportunities.
- Solution-oriented, proactive and team spirited.
- Send your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line: “YOUR NAME Applying for Project Manager” (example: Jane Doe Applying for Project Manager)
- Your cover letter should address a summary of the requirements above with examples, as well as answer these three questions with supporting examples: (1) Why do you want to work at JESS3?; (2) What if anything in the video above resonates with you and why?; (3) Why have you chosen the discipline of project management over others?