I have been watching the blog posts, Facebook group #s and Tweets (from Twitter, I know, I know… it is a goofy word) on this topic all morning, and things seem to be blowing up.
If there ever were an issue that combines some of the JESS3 staple interests, this would be it:
- Indie music/supporting up-and-coming artists
- DC-based things that are “happening” or about to happen 😉
- Unique and real uses of social media
Here are the links:
- Brightest Young Things explains the situation.
- Facebook steez (join and show your support!)
- Patrick Wixted and Leslie Bradshaw (me) at New Media Strategies have both posted about it.
- Another DC friend and blogger, Andre Blackman, is also taking up arms.
- Brian Devine and Leslie are twittering the play-by-plays here and here.
UPDATES are rolling in, standby folks…
- UPDATE: Activists U*N*I*T*E over at “Music As I See It”
- UPDATE: DCist picks up our buzz (links to Patrick Wixted and Andre) via Brian Devine’s email to them.
- UPDATE: The Yellow Stereo music blog lists the effort as an example of how to get a sold out show. Hollerback.
- UPDATE: The hits just keep on rolling… Rogo 2000 joins arms and adds a vid from Letterman and this editorial note: I’ve been skeptical of MGMT, but their recent performance on Letterman may have convinced me to give them another chance.
- UPDATE: Washington City Paper has gotten hip to the buzz, and I love that they cherry picked it from DCist… means that they are listening!
post by: Leslie