Every week on “Fuzzy Friday”, we debut a different JESS3 team member’s four-legged friend. This week, I (Jeff Lowe, Director of Technology & Production) have the pleasure of introducing you to two of my best friends. Meet Scooter and Allister:
- Names: Scooter and Allister
- Location: Norman, Oklahoma
- Breed: Terrier Mutt (Scooter) and Miniature Poodle (Allister)
- Favorite Pastime: Scooter – Sleeping & Running away from Luke (my 2 year old). Allister – Annoying Scooter by stealing his bed and stealing food from tables, cabinets, and counters while no one is around. We also suspect he plans to take over the world.
- How You Met Your Owner: Scooter was a rescue dog, found as a puppy in the middle of the street on a rainy day (sniff sniff). We added Allister to our family when a good friend could no longer care for him.
- Character: Scooter acts like an old man, get’s grumpy if you disturb him while sleeping. He’s very empathetic (sits by our kids’ feet if they are crying), and will cuddle with you if you are feeling bad. He also has NO sense of personal space, and will get all up in your face and stare. Allister on the other hand, is narcissistic, narcoleptic (yes, he occasionally faints while eating, running, standing), manipulative, and way too smart. We’ve learned not to cross him, since he will exact retribution for wrongs. Once, he was displeased at the way I bathed him. So while we were not looking, he “marked” my pillow on my side of the bed. He likes to steal Scooter’s best lounging spots and likes to steal food right out of Luke’s hand. He’s also quite cuddly, allowing Luke and little sister to give him big hugs.
- Biggest Pet Peeve: Scooter’s – Allister… and CATS! Allister’s – Those that do not allow him to have what he wants and clearly deserves.