Summertime spells sleeping in and indulging in home-cooked meals once again for some college students or recent grads. But, there are the select few who chose to spend their summer months immersed in the workplace, aka: the real world. The JESS3 team is stoked to have five talented interns onboard this summer to contribute their skills, time and talent to our work! This week, we’ll introduce you one by one to this bright-eyed and hungry bunch, starting with the multi-talented Joel Vander Linde.
- Studies: I go to the University of San Francisco. I’m a senior, majoring in business entrepreneurship and finance.
- Skills: My specialty as an intern at JESS3 is maybe data analysis and salesforce, but I hope to do a little of everything.
- Goals: Eventually, I hope to become a personal financier or own my own business one day. This summer, I hope to learn from JESS3′s business operation and marketing techniques.
- JESS3 Experience: I have only been with JESS3 for a few weeks now, however, I have learned a great deal about how the company operates. That is, fluidly and with many eyes double-checking and overseeing the projects. I love the creativity that bursts from the minds of every employee, each of them unique and strong. I have always thought of myself as a “creative kid” who had a mind like Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes. It is inspiring to be surrounded by people similar to me on a daily basis and to see them out their creative skills. They use beautiful ways to express their data and information. I am very lucky to have been taken under the wing of JESS3 and look forward seeing the creative process all the way through from start to finish.
- Secret Talents: I love photography.
See more of Joel’s work on his Flickr page.